The China International Medical Equipment Fair (CMEF)
- 蓝帆医疗（blue sail+）心脑血管区 心跃支架作为国内的主打产品，中标了去年年底的国家集采，为更多患者提供了质高价优的心脏支架产品。健康防护区 展示近30款的健康防护手套，去年疫情带给我们的影响仍未褪去，防疫产品大放光彩。医疗护理区 急救和OTC产品直观陈列。当前，中国心源性猝死发病居世界首位，自动体外除颤器，引起广泛关注。微创外科区 直观的了解到微创外科产品如超声刀系统，吻合器等产品技术规格。此外微创外科具有创伤小，术后恢复快等特点是外科未来发展的主流。
Sharing the world of unlimited business opportunities
84th China International Medical Equipment Fair (Spring Edition) 2021
Feel the power of science and technology and get an insight into the entire medical device industry! From May 13th to 16th, the 84th China International Medical Equipment Fair (CMEF) was held at the Shanghai National Convention and Exhibition Center.
The global medical technology and healthcare industry is ushering in a new wave of reform and innovative development. Artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, big data, deep learning, blockchain, AR/VR, IOT, 5G infrastructure and other intelligent technologies, continue to rapidly penetrate the medical device field. Tens of thousands of medical technology products were present in the exhibition areas of medical imaging, in vitro diagnostics, medical optics, medical electronic equipment, smart health, medical consumables, public health, rehabilitation and elderly care, home medical care, and disinfection control, amongst others.
The theme of this year’s exhibition is “Innovative Technology Leading the Future”.
The exhibition provides a platform for innovative technology and new product launches for the global medical device and healthcare industry.
The exhibition covers the entire industry value chain from the mainstream to the innovative, developed within China, and abroad, with more than 5,000 brand exhibitors from 28 countries, comprehensively covering the healthcare industry supply chain, total life-cycle medical devices and services.
It is a great honour to visit and learn from the various product booths and participants in CMEF, as we have met many people. It is exhilarating to feel the atmosphere of a large-scale medical device industry exhibition once again.
One new feature was a simulation healthcare exhibition area – this was added to guide the industry towards the integration and innovative development of simulation technologies in the fields of production, medical education, research, and practical use cases in the profession.
Some of the booths that caught my eye:
- As one of the world’s leading suppliers of medical equipment and solutions, Stryker’s products involve functional laparoscopic minimally invasive surgery, joint replacement, trauma, cranio-maxillofacial, spine, surgical equipment, neurosurgery, ENT, Interventional pain management, navigation surgery, intelligent operating room and network communications, biotechnology, medical beds, emergency push beds, and many other disciplines. This exhibition provides a complete solution for their fluorescence surgery solutions.
- Mingfeng Medical: As a high-end medical imaging equipment manufacturer, with its independent research and development of core components, mobile CT solutions and other exhibits appeared, a variety of new products such as the Quantum Eye ultra-high-end CT, Quantum Vision ultra-high-end CT, digital ultra-high-end PET/CT, and a brand-new MRI system was released on site.
- Blue Sail Medical (blue sail+) showcased their flagship product – cardio-cerebral vascular area cardiac stent – that won the bid for the national centralized procurement at the end of 2020, providing more patients with high-quality and high-value cardiac stent products.
- The “Health Protection Zone” (read: PPE) displayed nearly 30 types of health protection gloves. The impact of the epidemic last year has not faded one bit, and the pandemic related products were still the limelight.
- The First Aid and OTC products in the medical care area. The incidence of sudden cardiac death in China ranks as the first in the world, and various automatic external defibrillators have attracted widespread attention. The Minimally invasive surgery area helped us understand the technical specifications of minimally invasive surgery products such as ultrasonic knife system, staplers, and other products. In addition, minimally invasive surgery has the advantages to minimise trauma and promote quick recovery post surgery. These are the main directions for the future development of surgery.
- Innodisk: ultrasound colour Doppler ultrasound, medical ventilator, endoscope, nuclear magnetic resonance, blood gas analyser, for hospital use. Also on display was the on-site demonstration of hospital intelligent identification system.
Moving towards a new era of medical technology, CMEF has demonstrated the full extent of the potential in platform technology, innovation and empowerment, integration, and data sharing, providing empowerment to the entire medical technology industry to accelerate progress, taking tangible action, to build towards global health.